Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Over the weekend Mark and I went to a whole house Estate Sale. I got to the master bedroom just in time to score four beautiful vintage hats thanks my quick hands and eyes like an eagle!
I must admit I am a hoarder of hats. Collecting antique and vintage hats is in my blood and I have been collecting for years now. I think I can seriously spot a hat a mile away. I just love these beautiful objects!
I couldn’t agree more on this quote by Stephen Jones “A hat is the cherry on the cake; the dot on the ‘i’; the exclamation mark,’ he says. ‘In fact, a hat is often the raison d’etre of a fashionable outfit.
Here are some famous collectable vintage hats to keep in mind when you out treasure hunting.
The big couture houses such as Dior.
Schiaparelli and Balenciaga are obviously well known.
Leading milliners include Mr John and Lilly Daché of New York.
Bes-Ben of Chicago. Caroline Reboux of Paris. Aage Thaarup.
Simone Mirman and John Boyd in London.
Finding one of these labels such as Schiaparelli’s dashing pink copperplate or a deluxe designer hat box like Lilly Daché’s striking monochrome containers with their witty needle typeface adds an extra frisson to the joy of collecting.
I hope the list of top hat names helps when you come across a must have beauty.
I’m one of those hat collectors that tend to buy to wear not just to store and display. But that is about to change cause hats are coming out of ears and a hoarder will eventually run out space, you know, so I really need to find a way to display the ones that I wear tastefully without a clutter looking space. Any Suggestions would be swell!
Thank you for your visit. Au revoir!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Whohoo!! I have finally listed all the brand names & designer pieces shown above! They are now all up for auction on my ebay shop. These are the items that I have mentioned on my last few posts regarding the Nashville Flood Relief CFMT
My family members are now homless in my homeland Haiti so these listings are going to help them get a tent as well.
Here's the list of items that I promised to share:
(1) LILLY PULITZER Aqua blueTent mini A-line Dress
(2) Sun Dress DEREK HEART Colorful Floral Dress
(3) FREE PEOPLE Cute Blue Floral Empire waist Dress
(4) JUICY COUTURE white pink Flower dress ruffle adorable
(5) OLGA KAPUSTINA Silk green bead ruched GLAM Dress
(6) DKNY Pink Mauve TEXTURED wrinkle exposed ZIPPER Dress
(7) 90's XOXO red Dress with Gold Chain Belt waist mini
(8) ELLE mini dress WATERCOLOR gray Colorful abstract
(9) Simply Vera VERA WANG Beige White Blouse
(10) GO INTERNATIONAL Flower Navy Pleated Mini Skirt
(11) TOMMY HILFIGER Jeans BROCADE TAPESTRY Metallic Skirt
(12) KAREN MILLEN England brown Tank Top CROCHET Ruffles
(13) J-Crew white Linen City Fit Cuffed Twill Cargo Shorts
(14) JUICY COUTURE Heart Pocket Cropped Denim Jeans 29
(15) Abercrombie & Fitch RARE Distressed Cropped Jeans Pants
(16) Authentic GUCCI ELEGANT brown PANTS
(17) ERIN FETHERSTON Black HEARTS Dressy SHORTS
Not just for one good cause but two..... Nashville Flood Relief and tent for my homeless family in Haiti.
If you're not in the market for any of these listed items, please tell a friend about it!