Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lace Bodice Dress.....



One night while browsing one of my favorite online clothing shops I spotted this dress! I melted and froze at the same time oh yes. Sadly, the money well has been running a little dry these days so off I ran to my local thrift store to quench my fashion craving.

I found two great pieces within ten minutes of picking and pulling. First a navy blue Isaac Mizrahi in amazing condition then a gorgeous former resident of the limited in a cream lace with spaghetti straps made to look like tiny roses.

I flew home very excited about my new finds and began rifling through my wardrobe draws searching for a little cream lace shrug I new to be hiding in there. This was a hand me down given to me by my friend Lee Ann. Then it was off to my accessory vault to pick out this pearl bow brooch and a vintage hat to complete the outfit.






And there you have it. The crave….a $75.00 vintage inspired dress and the cure….a trip to the local thrift and $18.00. Not that there is anything wrong with spending $75.00 on a stunning vintage inspired dress but when the budget is tight we can still satisfy our vintage fashion compulsion.

The outfit:


♥ Isaac Mizrahi Navy blue dress (Thrift store, New with tag!)

♥ Lace shrug ( hand me down from my friend Lee Ann )

♥ Cognac peep toe shoes ( Newport News- couple years old)

♥ Vintage Wicker handbag ( Estate sale last year )

♥ Beaded pearl bow brooch ( Thrifted)

♥ Vintage floral hat ( Estate Sale last year)

♥ Navy blue tights (Target )

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone until next time!

33 comments:

Bucca said...

really cute! I love that bag too!

Kelley Anne said...

What a great substitute. I rarely ever find items with the tags still attached...at least items that I want:) You look beautiful and I love the accessories.

Q's Daydream said...

amazing! i love it!

Aya Smith said...

You look gorgeous! That hat is just beautiful!

I hope you and your family are well, love!

♥ Aya
strawberrykoi.blogspot.com

Sally Jane Vintage said...

I love the cream lace over the darker color of the dress. So pretty!

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh I love this look and the hat is divine, totally gorgeous.

That is great about the hat, lucky you and yes I do love food, your comment made me laugh.
xoxo

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Lovely outfit! Great shoes and handbag!!

M. said...

gorgeous outfit! I love your lace shirt <3

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

Oh, wow this is such a cute post! I really love how you found this dress and can I say I love this one more than the vintage inspired one. You look lovely, as always.

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

oh wow! You did incredible, and achieved the exact same look for so, so much less! You look so gorgeous in those photos too!

loveroffashion said...

Love love love it! I am the same way! Thank God for Salvation Army for gals on a budget like us!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that dress is a-MAZING

x
Aimee
http;//myflutteringheart.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

That looks amazing! I like it even better than the inspiration!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Totally adorable! I love the lace top.

Annie, The Friendly Fox said...

Looks awesome! Personally, I like that look of yours better, with the long sleeves!

Ulrika said...

This is such a lovely outfit!xxx

E said...

this outfit is perfection! i'm into lace at the moment so this is just amazing!

heyfancypants.blogspot.com

daisychain said...

wow how incredible do you look?!

Every Little Counts said...

so lovely. i am especially loving the shoes... it's funny the little treasures you can find at newport news if you weed through it a bit. <3

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

You look darling!

http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

Raez said...

so so pretty! i lvoe the lace with the blue, it's perfect!

xx raez

guildedsecret. said...

this outfit is wonderfully inspirational...your addition of a lace shrug took the outfit from gorgeous to FLAWLESS. keep up the stunning posts! :)

xo.
princesspolitico.blogspot.com

Denisa L said...

gorgeous outfit!

Style Odyssey said...

ok, several things: you have gorgeous skin! and the hat- hard to pull off, but you can easily. navy blue and brown are so pretty together- a combo that's not been done to death, so it looks fresh.

o said...

this is gorgeous! i love how u put this together! thanks again for dropping by my blog:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

sealaura said...

love your look today. that hat is divine.

Leia said...

That dress and hat are sooo cute!

Claire Nouveau said...

gorgeous. as always. LOVE the lace!
xo,
claire

iris said...

Your blog is simply amazing!
Love that floral hat.

Giovanna&Roberta said...

What a pretty handbag!
Why don’t you come taking a look to our blog?
We’re two italian sisters, together we design handmade clothes and accessories!
This is our blog:
http://www.lecreazionidigiovannaeroberta.blogspot.com/
Feel free to leave comments, we’ll be very happy!
We can become followers for each other if you’de like.. now we’re following your blog!
Thanks!
Giovanna&Roberta!

Unknown said...

those shoes are to die for, LOVE! <3

Mel said...

I love your outfit! I adore that flower fascinator and the lace top!

Anonymous said...

I adore those shoes.